Welcome to CS:40! In order to make your time here with us as fun and rewarding as possible, we've got a small list of pointers as to what we expect from our members, and what you should expect from us.
Yes, this is a list of obvious things. But we have a Kyle here. So firstly, here is the naughty list:
- Obviously no racism, sexism, religious intolerance, homophobia or general weird or offensive behaviour towards other members. Yes we have a sense of humour, and yes we can appreciate subtlety and nuance, but that doesn't mean everybody forced to read your erotic fiction can also. Best to wait until you know your audience then DM them. Think before you post please!
- No posting of hardcore porn, weird kinky stuff, violence or extremes of any kind. Unless it's an absolutely pornographic 1hp clutch in a gun round! And if you are posting something featuring mild nudity or sexy stuff, mark it up as NSFW!
- Of course, debates can get heated and escalate quickly. We are all grown ups here, but try to be mindful that there is a person behind the other screen that may not have skin as thick as yours. By all means express yourself, but do so respectfully and with control.
Now that is out of the way, here are some guidelines for what we would love to see from our members:
- Try to include each other as often as possible! Invite someone new to a game, comment on a topic started by someone you haven't met yet, be supportive of other members if they share content created by themselves....just be the offline version of you online.
- Create for us! We want to see blogs, photos, topics, videos...everything from a gif you put together in five minutes, to a monthly blog about your love of renaissance era beards. You will be supported and encouraged here!
- Grow the group! Recruit far and wide, from all social circles, let's take what we have now and improve it in every area! Who knows where this will take us all?
Above all, we want you to feel at home here. This is for you!
CS:40 Code of Conduct
CS:40 offer a fun and safe place to interact with one another across various game worlds. We encourage our members to cooperate and compete in our games, but crossing the line into abuse is never acceptable. If you come across a member violating the policies below, you should report them.
When participating in communication of any kind (chat, voice communication, group finder), you are responsible for how you express yourself. You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others.
Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language. Threatening or harassing another player is always unacceptable, regardless of language used. Violating any of these expectations will result in account restrictions. More serious and repeated violations will result in greater restrictions.
Names are subject to the same rules established above. Any name the member has the ability to customize - such as profile names or CS:40 tags - must be appropriate and inoffensive. Any name that violates our standards or disrupts the community will be changed, and additional limitations may be placed on the offending account per our discretion.
Take note that acceptable names here are determined by member reports and CS:40 admin decision, and any other developers servers may have their own distinct standards for using game-appropriate names which differ from ours.
You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.
Exploiting other members is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other members will receive harsh penalties.
Behaviour that intentionally detracts from other members enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our members to treat each other with respect, and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behavior is determined by member reports and CS:40 admin decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and CS:40 group-wide restrictions.
While we encourage you to report members that are behaving in a disrespectful manner, falsely reporting another member with the sole intent of discrediting them personally or restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable, and will result in penalties to your account.
If you're unsure if your actions violate this code of conduct, reconsider them. We reserve the right to restrict offending accounts as much as necessary to keep CS:40 a fun experience for all members.