Your favourite series

• Retired Staff

So, I have realised we don't have a topic like this... ? And I would be curious, what was the best series you have ever seen, something you might even watch more times then just once? If you have more, feel free to share! 

For me it's probably: The end of the f.cking world, I am not okay with this, Friends, 11.22.63, Avatar the last airbender, Gravity Falls,  Erased

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breaking Bad, Prison Break, The Office, That 70’s Show, Lie To Me

@Redneck I will definitely have a look at Humans, I have started something similar called "Better than us"- I find this theme fascinating, but the series was unfortunately not very good after the fir

• Retired Staff

@Redneck I will definitely have a look at Humans, I have started something similar called "Better than us"- I find this theme fascinating, but the series was unfortunately not very good after the first couple of episdoes it just felt so fake ? I would love to see a series in the same theme but with better execution ? 

On 6/16/2020 at 5:56 PM, Moira said:

So, I have realised we don't have a topic like this... ? And I would be curious, what was the best series you have ever seen, something you might even watch more times then just once? If you have more, feel free to share! 

For me it's probably: The end of the f.cking world, I am not okay with this, Friends, 11.22.63, Avatar the last airbender, Gravity Falls,  Erased

My wife loves The end of the fucking world. I thought it was meh but she couldn't get enough of it. For me though...

Top Tier (things I can rewatch): Breaking Bad, LOST, Prison Break (S1-4), GoT (not the last season), The Office, The Boys, Narcos

Mid Tier: Ozark, Better Call Saul

Low Tier: Family Guy, American Dad, South Park

Bonus Tier (things I say I'm putting on for the kids but its really for me): Pokemon, Teen Titans GO and more recently Avengers.

• Retired Staff
21 hours ago, BeT_RiGhT said:

(1) Game Of Thrones

(2) Prison Break (at the time, prob bad now)

(3) Home Land

(4) Ozark

(5) Undercover (dutch series, fantasic)

Is undercover the one where they speak dutch but it's very hard to understand even for dutch people? I have heard that's good if that's the one ? 

20 hours ago, Mann said:

My wife loves The end of the fucking world. I thought it was meh but she couldn't get enough of it. For me though...

Top Tier (things I can rewatch): Breaking Bad, LOST, Prison Break (S1-4), GoT (not the last season), The Office, The Boys, Narcos

Mid Tier: Ozark, Better Call Saul

Low Tier: Family Guy, American Dad, South Park

Bonus Tier (things I say I'm putting on for the kids but its really for me): Pokemon, Teen Titans GO and more recently Avengers.

Woah so many new things ? I should have a look, I was actually considering Avengers too...

I really liked Prison Break. It was the first series I got invested in, and watched it as a whole in like 2 weeks. Yeah I liked it a lot tbh

1. The first season of True Detectives.

2. The first season of Fargo.

3. The first season of Band Of Brothers.

4. Vikings

5. Lost

6. Breaking Bad

7. Mad men

8. The Returned (original French version)

9. Daredevil

10. The Mandalorian (I loved it)

MERGED

I forgot to mention the very best TV I have ever seen has been The Handmaid's Tale.

This show has everything, but sometimes it is genuinely difficult to watch. Some of the most memorable scenes have been a draining mix of horror and grief. Clever, beautiful stuff.

Elizabeth Moss is outstanding, she was awesome in Mad Men too.

It's definitely not for everyone however, I think you'll know if it's for you from just one episode.

• 10 months later...